Contributors

Monday, July 6, 2009

Anna Maria Island

Was so much fun today.

Left at a little before 10 so Oliver could go to a dentist appointment (poor guy found out he has a cavity). I hadn't gotten breakfast so I skated over to McDonald's to get a breakfast burrito, hash brown, and a sweet tea. Man, I forgot how badly my stomach settles after McD's breakfast ( I wouldn't have recommended using the Big Lots! bathroom for an hour or so). Then I skated back over to Oliver's Xterra and set my phone and wallet on the front of the winch (I later found out that was a big mistake) and messed around trying some shuvs. Oliver comes out and we left to go to Speedway gas sation and apparently I found out later that my wallet fell off at that point in front of the station. Fortunately I grabbed my phone before but forgot the wallet somehow. Then we were off on our way to AMI! We got a little lost because Mapquest doesn't Exactly know Travis' little neighborhood offshoot but we found it eventually. After meeting him and his Mom is when I went back to the car and realized that I lost my wallet. Called my Mom up and she was on it. So thanks to every one involved in that including my Mom, Dad, Aunt Kathy, and most importantly, Richard Purdy for having the integrity to pick it up off the road and call up the first Kornhaus he found in the phonebook. It took a little bit to get his boat started but I got it eventually and then we were off! We ended up riding in a channel but it was so much fun, Travis shreds with such nice style. After we were done there we went back to his house and then went to Subway and used our "bottomless cups" and Oliver paid for my 6 incher, thanks buddy, and got to hear some interesting stories from some stoners near us... Then we tried to winch in front of a like apartment complex but after Travis took one quick run some foreign guy trying to act like the manager gave us the nix and we had to peace out. I tried to be nice and pick up a crushed Bud Light that someone littered with near where we had the winch set up and threw it away but then realized that the guy probably thought I was drinking it earlier....great. We then drove around and just as I turned the music up to kick back Travis spotted a nice little what I would call an unfinished canal back on a road. It was saltwater<3 Perfect set up (Travis you need to get a rail in there). After shredding there for awhile we dried off and packed up and dropped Travis off and said our goodbyes then headed off down to Longboat to retrieve my wallet. After getting directions from a raspy-voiced chain smoker we found the Publix that Richard, the guy who picked up my wallet, worked at back in the meat department. He gave it back to me then I realized that I need his address to send him a thank you card and after I got it and after I bought Ollie an Arizona we headed home. Showered off then went to Moe's. Then to Livingston's to punch the bag, that thing is rigged even though I didn't do too bad Quinton was getting gypped. Then some shenanigans were happening throughout the ride home and cruisingf around the Key and of course some "HEY GIRL!"s were thrown in.

Overall, I love God, life, family, friends, wakeskating, kind people, and oppurtunities like the ones I am blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment