Contributors

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day!

Today was great. Drove around with Oliver and after 5 visits to the hardware store I finally got my longboard fixed and then we went to Thomas' and watched the hot dog eating contest, 68 hot dogs is ridiculous... Then Ollie and I went to Subway and I used my "bottomless refill" cup (Oliver, I need to get that out of your cupholder so don't throw it away) there and he got a sub. Corey came in then we went to Turtle to offroad down an empty lot. Came back and picked Thomas and Angela up and chilled at Subway some more then Oliver and I peaced out and he dropped me off at the beach. I then realized I left my phone and wallet in his Xterra...so I definitely logged some miles on my longboard, unfortunately I'm always barefoot and strips of Higel don't feel too good. Then I cleaned the Maggio's pool and watered their plants and washed off then as I was longboarding to Oliver's I saw my first girlfriend at their neighbor's across the street...awkward. Oliver and I got some fireworks rounded up which we never ended up using except for those poppers that we threw at pedestrians as we drove past. Quinton showed up and put his cooler and skateboard in the back and we were set to go. Got to Siesta Market and bought some Mountain Dew and ice and then met up with Matt and parked at Glebe park and skated on over to the beach for fireworks. Since I had the longboard I put the cooler on there and leaned on it and pushed which actually helped me get going pretty fast. We got there and walked through Mexiville and posted up right up on the boundary line to the fireworks display and then some of us went around trying to bum food off people and steal leftovers. We never ended up getting any so we were pretty hungry. We went back and sat there for another hour or so and waited for it to start and when it finally did it was pretty good. That finale was banger. We peaced out as soon as it was over to beat the ped traffic and just cruised over to the empty lane and hauled ass in the same manner as before, that was pretty sketch, pushing a cooler on a longboard with barefeet on some wobbly trucks going fast in less than 2 feet of asphalt with oncoming traffic passing right by us. After a "HEY GIRL" we turned onto Glebe then went to Matt's so he could drop his truck off and then went off to Taco Bell. Some dumbass braked fast right in front of us and we almost rearended them but it was okay thanks to Oliver's speedy braking and fairly new brakes. We got there and just brought in the drinks we bought earlier and waited in line and then a kid from my Digital Design class came in there baked, "Mexican pizza....they can do that?!" Then after we ate some of it we drove home. I felt bad for Quinton, he had a lot of traffic to go through to get home. Overall there were lots of "HEY GIRL"s today and lot's of chillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment